There is growing interest within the global health community in the potential public health impact of integrating different health services into a single delivery setting. Integrating programs for HIV, family planning (FP), and maternal, neonatal, and child health (MNCH) would address patients’ multiple needs at once, and may enhance program effectiveness and efficiency.
Integration for Impact, an international conference devoted to this topic, aims to bring together key stakeholders from sub-Saharan countries with a high burden of HIV, unmet need for FP, and high child and maternal morbidity/mortality to:
- Present the latest research findings on the impact of integrating HIV and reproductive health services including: family planning, maternal and child health, and STI prevention and cervical cancer screening;
- Identify research priorities for expanding the evidence base on integration; and
- Lay out strategies for strengthening integration policies and translating research into practice.
A limited number of scholarships are available primarily for persons who work for ministries of health, and reproductive health and HIV advocates from the target counties in sub-Sahara Africa. Please use the same registration form to apply for a scholarship. Scholarship applications are due June 15, 2012.
If you are a journalist and would like to apply for a journalist scholarship, please use the same registration form to apply.
JOURNALIST SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INFORMATION
These scholarships are open to journalists, writers, photographers, radio producers or television news producers; staff journalists as well as freelancers who live and work in the following sub-Sahara Africa countries: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Nigeria, Cameron, Gabon, and Equatorial Guinea.
Journalists will be given official media passes, access to the press centre, and the chance to write in the conference bulletin. Each Journalist will be expected to produce:
- At least five quality articles (between 200 – 500 words) on the various themes of the conference that can be used in the conference bulletin and to inform the advocacy initiatives of the Integration Technical Working Group
- Daily summaries of the proceedings and/or interesting / relevant newsflashes from the conference, to be posted online in real time
- A final in-depth piece on your experience at the Integration Conference (as a 1000 word feature article, photography set or video or audio piece)
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A 250-word proposal describing a specific story on issues of reproductive health and HIV;
- A brief description of applicant’s knowledge of or experience reporting on issues of reproductive health and HIV;
- A brief description of applicant’s experience with video, photography, radio, printand web media;
- A letter from applicant’s editor or supervisor that gives permission to participate in the Integration for Impact Conference and that signals a strong commitment to publish or broadcast applicant’s on the topic;
- A list of three priority issues that applicant would cover during the conference;
- Two most recently published and authenticated articles relevant to reproductive health and HIV;
- A copy of press card.
A SCHOLARSHIP MAY COMPRISE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Full Conference Registration
- Return Economy airfare to Kenya
- Accommodation in Kenya for up to 4 nights (at the discretion of the organizers)
- Visa application fee
- Airport transfers in Kenya
For enquiries: email@example.com