These are the official rules for the LittWorld 2012 Writing Contest, “Blogging for Global Impact.”
Write a short blog article that responds to one of these five writing prompts:
- If Jesus were to write a letter to the church in your country, what would He say?
- What is one thing the church in your country has learned that believers elsewhere could benefit from?
- Tell how someone you know in your country was spiritually transformed by the written word.
- Why is it important that more Christian authors in your country write and get published?
- What is your dream for the future of Christian publishing in your country?
To enter the contest, complete the submission form: Submit an Article.
- Each blog article must be 300 words or less.
- You may submit up to three different articles during the competition.
- Articles may be submitted in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Mandarin. If accepted for the contest, the article will be published on LittWorld Online in its original language accompanied by an English translation.
- Articles must be received on or before Friday, June 29, 2012.
- MAI will select the top 25 blog entries for final judging in the awards competition. Any non-English entries in the top 20 will be translated into English for the final evaluation by judges.
- MAI’s contest judges reserve the right to determine, in their sole and binding discretion, whether articles submitted meet minimum standards of quality for the contest.
- By submitting an article, you affirm that the article is your original work and that MAI, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to use or not use your article in the writing contest.
- You grant MAI nonexclusive permission to publish this article on LittWorld Online and in other websites and printed materials. You retain the right to publish this article on your own blog.
- Articles published on LittWorld Online will include the author’s name and country unless the author asks MAI to withhold this information.
First-place and honorable-mention awards will be presented for the best blog article. Judges appointed by MAI will evaluate blog articles on the basis of content, writing quality, creativity and impact. One first-place Best Blog Article winner will receive US $300. One honorable-mention Best Blog winner will receive US $150.
Winners will be announced on LittWorld Online on August 1, 2012.
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: submit online here