The Nigerian Studies Association Book Prize Committee is soliciting books for the 2012 NSA Book Award. The deadline for the submission of entries is April 30, 2012. NSA members are encouraged to submit their publications for consideration for the award. While the winner will receive a certificate and a citation, the first two runners-up will be recognized at the annual meeting of the NSA during the African Studies Association conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in November-December 2012. Books submitted for prize consideration will not be returned. Only books that meet the following requirements will be considered for the award:
1. Peer-reviewed single-authored books.
2. Deal with any discipline or field of specialization with primary focus on Nigeria, or Nigeria in relations with the outside world.
3. Published in English.
4. Released between January 1 and December 31, 2011.
5. Make original or substantive contributions to Nigerian Studies.
6. Submitted to each of the three members of the Book Prize Committee by April 30, 2012.
AN INDIVIDUAL SEEKING THE AWARD SHOULD:
- Include a preferred contact email address.
- Indicate or inform his or her publisher to indicate that the book is for the Nigerian Studies Association Book Prize.
Dr. Gloria Chuku, committee chair
2949 Capri Drive
Manchester, MD 21102
Dr. Philip M. Peek
(Professor Emeritus, Drew University)
203 Hueber Drive
Sanbornton, NH 03269
Dr. Saheed Aderinto
Department of History
Western Carolina University
286 Central Drive
Cullowhee, NC 28723
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: see the list of committee members above